Saturday, November 5, 2011

National Adoption Month-Ava


November is National Adoption Month. I have been reading posts I made on an adoption forum many years ago when we adopted Ava. I copied and pasted some of these posts!!!

This first post was written by me on February 22, 2005:

I just got the call a few minutes ago that we are OUT of PGN! I have been crying and screaming and calling all my friends and family. I can't believe it!!! I have sooooo much to do!!!!!!!!!!

This post was written by me on March 22, 2005:

We are so happy to be home! As many of you know, we left Tuesday for Guatemala without our pink slip. Plus, we left knowing there were riots in Guatemala that could have also delayed things. Thanks to many prayers, we got our pink slip, went to the embassy on Thursday, and came home on Friday. It was a very stressful trip since there is always that chance you won't get your pink slip when you think. Plus, the riots added to our stress nearly all week. Not to mention that on our way home when we got to Houston and got on the plane to Memphis, our plane had mechanical problems so we had to sit on the plane with a 4 month old baby while they fixed it. Putting all the stress aside, everything else is wonderful! Ava is so tiny and we are hoping to fatten her up soon. Elia is completely in love with her sister. She wants to be right beside her all the time and she wants to help with everything.

This post was written by me on September 19, 2005: (The heading I wrote on this post was simply "Life is Good")

There is not a day that goes by when I do not thank God for allowing me to go through all those years of infertility so I would be so blessed with these 2 Guatemalan beauties!

I do have to say that on November 5, 2011, Life IS Good!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment