Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dr. Seuss, Putt-Putt, and Basketball


It looks like we had another busy weekend. The week actually started with a Dr. Seuss theme at school. Thursday was dress up day so I hit Hobby Lobby to try and find my crafty side. I ended up making our Thing 1, Thing 2, and Thing 3 shirts. I was rather impressed with my craft skills considering I can't even sew a button on a shirt.



Here are some pictures Ava drew during the week. She definitely has an artsy side to her.



Friday night we went to Jake's birthday party at Putt-Putt.


The kids started with Lasertron. Then we went up to the party room for cake and ice cream.



Here is Jake's cute cake:


Here is a picture of Hannah and her friend enjoying the party: HA!


Jake, Austin, and Ava did the ropes course. Ava truly has no fear!





Saturday brought Elia's last basketball game. She played her heart out at that game even though her team lost. Saturday night was the awards banquet for the basketball teams. It was at Hickory Withe Church. They had pizza, desserts, and each player received a basketball and a DVD.



After the banquet, we went to Yogurt Mountain! We love that Arlington now has a Yogurt Mountain, but we go there entirely too much!


Sunday was spent at church as well as cleaning out bedrooms. Elia is getting close to being 10 and we figured it was time to update her bedroom. After all, she has had the same bedding and decorations since she got out of a toddler bed. The sad thing is that the girls are so excited about Elia having a new room, that they are now sleeping in separate beds. While it is a good thing since they are able to fall asleep at a decent hour, I am sad to think they are in their own, separate beds. I guess it is another bittersweet moment of my girls growing up. I will be posting pictures of the complete room soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment