Friday, June 15, 2012

Week 3- More Summer Fun!!!



I know we just finished week 3 of summer, but it already feels like it is going by way too fast!  Here is what week 3 looked like in our house:

Friday
Carol and I woke up bright and early and went to Bootcamp.  I have to say that I am very proud of us for waking up so early during our summer to work out.  Of course, we do have plenty of lounge time to make up for it.

Once Elia and Ava woke up, we went to see Madagascar 3.  It was a very cute movie and I highly recommend going to see it.


After the movie, Carol and I went to pamper ourselves with a mani and pedi.  I tried the new "jelly pedicure" and it was very nice!!!





Then we set up the waterslide for the kiddos.  They acted like it was a full size swimming pool.  They were doing cannonballs and dives into it.  They were really quite funny and entertaining to watch!









Saturday
On Saturday we had the parent meeting for Elia's competitive soccer team.  Then we ran errands.  When we got home, I took a 4 HOUR NAP!  Yes, you read that right.  I slept for a solid 4 hours.  I can't imagine why.  It's not like we do anything!  LOL!

After my very nice nap we went outside in the cove to play.  The kids played on the waterslide again.






Cami and Ava pulled out art supplies and colored in the driveway.  It's as good of a place as any I guess.




Dalton and Elia played basketball on the game Elia bought with her allowance.  We put the goals on either side of the garage and it came with a scoreboard and timer.  Pretty neat.





Sunday
We went to church.  Then we played outside of course.

Monday
Carol and I started off the day bright and early at Bootcamp.  Then we rewarded ourselves with a trip to the pool.  The kids had fun jumping in and throwing the ball to each other as they jumped in the pool.  We ended up staying about 3 hours when we were forced to head home due to a sudden storm.







Tuesday
Kevin and I took the girls to Chuck-E-Cheese where we stayed for about an hour.






Then we ran errands and headed home so the girls could use their new paint sets.





Of course, we squeezed in playing outside.





Then we watched the USA vs. Guatemala soccer game.  Elia was so excited about this game and she wanted Guatemala to win!  We ended up paying $30 to get the game on Pay Per View but it was worth every penny to see how Elia stayed glued to the TV.  It was good for her to watch a real soccer game and it was good for both girls to root for their country!  Go Guatemala!  The ending score was a 1-1 tie.





Wednesday
Once again, Carol and I headed to bootcamp bright and early.  Then I had to wake up the girls at noon!!!




Miley likes to sleep late during summer too!





I met my mom to run a couple of errands together and Kevin took the girls to run some errands of their own.  Then we all got home and played in the cove, of course!

Thursday
We all went back to the pool!






Can you guess what we did when we came home?  You got it!  We played in the cove!!!



Friday
We headed back to Bootcamp bright and early.  However, don't be fooled by our early morning work outs.  I have been known to get back in bed and go back to sleep once we get home.  HA!
Once everyone got up and em, we headed to the skating rink to take advantage of the free summer skating program.  We had Carol and her kids, me and my kids, Heather and Abigail, and Mandy and her kids.  We also ran into Hollie West and her kids.  It was very nice to have some "mommy time" while the kids skated.







Whew!  I am worn out just writing about our busy week!  I can't imagine the fun (and naps) that week 4 will bring!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment