Monday, September 3, 2012

Is it September Yet?


We have finally made it to September!  As much as I love my job, I have to say that I do not like the month of August.  Teachers pretty much fall off the planet when August hits!  So what have we been up to since my last post in July?

Of course, the first day of school came!  Ava started 2nd grade this year, and Elia is in fourth!  Hard to believe my babies are growing up!  I always take their picture by the stop sign on the corner on the 1st day of school.  This way I can see how much they have grown from year to year.  



Ava's teacher is Mrs. Gallimore this year.  We LOVE her!  She is like Mary Poppins with a "spoon full of sugar."



Elia had the luxury of being in Mrs. Henrikson's class again this year.  Elia started in a different 4th grade class, but they had to move Mrs. Henrikson from 3rd grade to 4th during the 2nd week of school.  Elia had a special relationship with Mrs. Henrikson last year so we were thrilled when she was able to be in her class again this year.  I still need to get a 4th grade picture of Elia with Mrs. Henrikson.  I did get this picture of Elia on her 1st day.  As you can see, mom is already an embarrassment to her!


The month of August also brought many weekends and nights playing in the cove.  Of course, the nights have to end a lot sooner than they did in June and July.  It always stinks when we have to go inside to do homework, eat dinner, and get showers so everyone can get to bed early for school.  These two refuse to let summer end!  What goobers!


August also brought the start of Elia's 1st year of competitive soccer!  It is a LOT different than rec soccer, but she is learning a lot and having a lot of fun doing it!




Of course, Ava is always there to support her sister at every practice and every game!


A very special event happened in August and that was my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary!  Kevin and I are both very lucky to have parents who are still married and have been married for so long!


Due to all the craziness of back to school and soccer, I had to find a way to keep up with everyone's homework and schedules.  I bought these dry erase boards at Target and I LOVE them!  I spend about 10 minutes every Sunday night filling them out with homework, soccer practices/games, LAMPS schedules, money due, and if the girls are bringing or buying lunch each day!  These are on my fridge, and they have been a lifesaver!


As you can, August has worn us out, but we are so glad it is over, and we are finally in the swing of things for the new school year!



No comments:

Post a Comment