Saturday, May 17, 2014

April

April was another busy month.  I did forget to mention my half marathon I ran last month.  It was the Germantown half, and it was the best and worst 13.1 miles of my life.  I fought a complete mental battle the entire way.  I have come to the conclusion that I do not like races of any length.  I am a competitive person by nature.  The bad thing about this is I have no business being competitive in the running world.  HA!  I am happy to say that I did finish, and I checked this one off my bucket list.  Here we are before the race:



And here I am after the race:  (I was pretty proud of my metal!)


Of course, I had to incorporate a pedicure into this momentous occasion in my life.


So now on to the month of April.  You know I have to include pictures of my furry child.  Poor thing was in major need of a day at the doggie salon.





The month of April brought more soccer games and tournaments.










Ava loves playing with the other kids at the soccer games.


April was a month the city of Arlington was raising money for Relay for Life.  We got the purple potty in our yard which the kids thought was hilarious!  


Kevin was asked to call Bingo for the Senior Citizens Center.  It was actually pretty entertaining!



Speaking of senior citizens, we celebrated Nana's 95th birthday this month!





Ava and Abigail discovered the kid's baskets at Kroger.  Now they want to go grocery shopping every time I go.  Fun stuff!


Kevin had to build some new bee boxes.  He got the kids to help.  We are hoping for honey real soon!!!




The kids in the cove are enjoying the warmer weather.



Easter came late in April this year.  We went to a fun Easter festival.






Easter didn't feel much like Easter this year because Elia woke up with pink eye on Easter Sunday so we didn't make it to church.  That meant we didn't get any family pictures all dressed up.  The Easter bunny did come so the girls enjoyed checking out their Easter baskets before poor Elia had to make a trip to the doctor.  The bunny even brought a basket for Miley!





The new Safe House for the town of Arlington is finished and they had the ribbon cutting ceremony.  Kevin got to take part in cutting the ribbon!




No comments:

Post a Comment