Sunday, February 19, 2012

February Theme Dinner: Washington and Pancakes


It is time for our February theme dinner! The obvious choice for February would be something related to Valentine's Day. However, we did that last year and I wanted to do all new ideas this year. I struggled with what to do for February but then I realized it is also President's Day during February. I googled George Washington and discovered his favorite meal is pancakes! How easy! The difficult part of this theme dinner was finding decor and plates related to Washington. We decided to keep decor out of it for this month and focus on our pancakes.

We started with easy microwaveable Ego pancakes. They come in a packs of three and you stick them in the microwave for a little over a minute.


Then we added several toppings to add on top of our pancakes. We had syrup, butter, whip cream, Nutella, sprinkles, chocolate chips, strawberries, and powdered sugar. YUM!


Of course, you can't forget the Yoohoo to drink with your pancakes.


Here is a picture of our plain, boring pancakes before we added the fun:


Here are the girls adding their toppings:






Here is Ava's final product:


And Elia's final product (with much better table manners than her sister):


I tried to add variety to each one of my pancakes.


I think Kevin wins the prize for the prettiest pancakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment