Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week 7-BLAH!

This week brought some much needed rain.  However, rain is not what a bunch of teachers and kids want over their summer break.  The good thing about it is it did slow us down which we all needed.  Here is a recap of our week!


Thursday
The most exciting part of this day was Elia getting contacts!  She had tried 2 other times to get them in and got so close!  However, she was successful this day!  She was so excited and it will be good when she starts competitive soccer in a few weeks.




Friday
This was Kevin's 40th birthday!  My parents kept the girls, and I took Kevin out to lunch at his favorite restaurant, Abuelos.  Then we went to see Marvel the Avengers.  It was not my kind of movie, but this was Kevin's day and he loved it!  When we came home, we had family over for cake and ice cream!








Saturday
It was time for our yearly Mommy Conference!  Brandy, Mandy, Kellie, and I made the trip up to Pickwick for fun in the sun! 





We had so much fun tubing!  The first picture is Brandy and me and the second is Brandy, Mandy, and me!  I think Brandy and Kellie took the prize for hanging on the longest!





Sunday
Rest day


Monday
Some of the 2nd grade teachers met the 2nd grade student teachers for lunch at Macaroni Grill.  Then I met Kevin and the girls at Chuck E Cheese.


Tuesday
Carol and I took the kids skating.


Wednesday
I cleaned out some closets.


Thursday
I had a hair appointment to get these roots done.


* I think I was over taking pictures this week.  The weather was blah and the kids were even blaher (not sure that's a word) so not many pictures were made.


Friday
We took the kids to see Ice Age 3.  This was really a funny movie.  I think Elia giggled throughout the entire show!  Then Carol and I left the kids with the dads and we went to get our nails done.  I got neon yellow on my fingers and toes, and Carol got light blue on her toes and bubble bath on her nails.  





Miley went to the spa while we were at the movies.  It always takes her a day or two to get over her embarrassment of her new hair cut.  Here is her before and after:





We spent Friday night playing in the cove.  We didn't end up coming inside until after 11:00pm.  The kids always love playing together.  The only pictures I took were of Elia cheesing it up.







Next week all the kids go to VBS and then we hope the weather cooperates so we can get in some pool time!  Come on sunshine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment