Saturday, June 4, 2011

Is God OCD?


Well, our first week of summer did not follow my neat and organized summer plans. It started out great but went downhill fast!

Mondays are Maniac Mondays when we clean the house and run errands. This day went great. We woke up and everyone did their part to make the house spic and span. Then we went to my brother's house for a Memorial Day picnic. They rented a big water slide so the kids had a blast playing on that. After we left the picnic, we ran our errands. We went to Garden Ridge to look at patio furniture and Toys R Us to get Elia a new bike since she has outgrown her old one.




Tuesdays are supposed to be Terrific Tuesdays. However, Elia woke up in the middle of the night with a sick tummy and a 104 fever. So the girls and I spent all day Tuesday sitting on the couch coloring and watching TV. Grammy brought over new crayons and coloring books for Elia since she was sick. Tuesday was not so Terrific!


Wednesday was supposed to be Water Wednesday. Elia was still not well so we sat around the house again. By Wednesday afternoon I had to get out of the house so I asked Kevin to inflate our water slide so the cove kids and Ava could play, and Elia could sit outside and watch with me or join in if she felt better. Well, the water slide did not inflate due to holes so Water Wednesday was a flop. The closest we got to water was the sand that the next door neighbors had delivered for their new pool and yard. Here is Cami and Ava playing in the sand like they are at the beach.


Thursday was supposed to be Thrifty Thursday which means we spend the day doing something free. Ava wanted to go to work with Kevin so off she went. Elia and I ended up joining friends at Chuck E Cheese. Then we went to Monica's house for a little while and ended up at Jerry's Snowcones. The day was not exactly free, but it was worth any money we spent considering the week we already had.

Friday was Fun Friday but was only halfway fun. I had to take Elia to the doctor to see why her tummy was still hurting. The doc gave us a prescription and sent us on our way. We joined friends at the pool, and then headed home to get ready for our garage sale.

I am not sure if God is telling me to stop being such a planner and that He is in control. This is something I struggle with as I am sure you have too! We do not need to make plans because God has plans already made for us. It sounds like God could be as OCD as me, and would that really be such a bad thing when it comes to the plans for our lives?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," delares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity." (Jeremiah 29:11-14a)

1 comment:

  1. Take the hint the easy way! If you don't, he'll give you something else. : ) I was completely OCD (and still am some), but nothing like having God throw a kink in your plans to make you realize that YOU are not in control. I hope that the start of the summer isn't how the rest will be! Come on over for a swim some time!

    ReplyDelete