Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What Comes Around.........


Over Christmas break, we decided to take the kids roller skating. We spent a couple hours there and we were about to leave to head home when the DJ announced they would be starting the races soon. I had to put my skates back on so the competitive side in me could come out. They had adult races and no one would race me except my brother and some other dad. The three of us stood side by side on the starting line. I looked at my brother and said "You are going down". Little did I know at the time, it would be me who went down. As I crossed the finish line, I lost my balance and fell breaking my wrist bone in 2 places. I spent the next 6 weeks in a cast and 3 more weeks doing therapy. As you can see in the picture, my brother got a good laugh out of me falling.


Well, karma does come back to bite you! Jason and Holli rented a huge water slide for Memorial Day. They invited us over and the kids had a blast going down the slide over and over. Jason also had a blast to the point where the kids were coming to Holli saying "Holli, please tell Jason to get off the slide. He is all over the place." The ironic thing is that as soon the kids were telling Holli this, we could hear Jason saying "Hey big kids, be careful of the little kids on the slide". HA! Anyway, Jason ended up sliding down and cracking one of his ribs. He is in a ton of pain, but as I said "What comes around, goes around." He! He!


I am not sure what it is about my family that brings out the kid in us but I think it is time we start realizing our real age. It is sad but true!


1 comment:

  1. Says the lady who was riding the electric scooter in the cove last Friday night. LOL

    ReplyDelete