Friday, December 23, 2011

Baking Day- December Theme Dinner?

As everyone knows, December can be a crazy, busy month. I had good intentions to carry on with our monthly theme dinner even though things are busy. However, it just didn't happen so I decided to cheat a little and call our baking day our theme dinner for December.

We baked the Thursday before Christmas, and I had two very excited helpers to assist me.


We even found our elves sitting among all our ingredients the morning of our baking day.


Here are the girls about 5 minutes after we got started:


Here they are about 30 minutes into baking:


And an hour into it:


And an hour and ten minutes into baking:


I was surprised they lasted as long as they did, but considering it took me about 5 hours, I completely understand why they abandoned me.

I managed to make 8 different things, and I only had to throw one out. LOL! The Snickers popcorn we made just didn't turn out quite right.

We ended the day with pretzel rolo bites:


Seasoned oyster crackers:


Peanut Butter Reese's cookies:


Frozen Banana bites: (which I forgot to pull out of the freezer for our family party.)


Chocolate toffee:


Peanut butter balls:


and brownie rolo bites:


No comments:

Post a Comment