Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Zoom Through the Zoo

I just ran my 2nd race, only this one was 4 miles instead of 3.  I could definitely feel every step of that extra mile.  I ended up running the 4 miles in 45 minutes which was a pace of about 11:27 per mile.  The fun thing about this race was that Elia ran it with me.  The kid has never done any training whatsoever, but she blew it away.  I think all of her soccer practices and games have her in the best shape ever!

Here we are before we left the house.


Jason also ran the race with us.


Several from my running group were there!


Jason and Elia stayed with me the entire way, although they both could have run on and finished way ahead of me.  Elia kept looking at me asking, "Momma, why are you breathing so hard?"  Jason kept saying, "Come on Jenny, keep running!"  As much as it was nice to have them with me, I would have been thrilled if the two of them would have run on.  LOL!
Go Elia Go!


Carol, Cami, and Ava came with us to cheer us on.  



Here is Elia crossing the finish line!  (You will not see my picture crossing the finish line- you will have to read my previous blog to know why.)


Here is Elia after the race.  She doesn't even look tired.  Once again, you will not see my post race photo.  LOL!


Bring on the St. Jude half marathon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment