Sunday, July 20, 2014

Summer-Week 8

This week was not too busy.  I started the week off working in my classroom.  Then I took Elia to the middle school to take an AR test.  It is going to be good to have my brother at the middle school to keep watch over these two.


How did they grow up so fast?

Jake and Austin came over for a little while Monday afternoon to play.  The kids are loving their new TV room.



On Tuesday, we ran some errands.  The girls kept themselves entertained while I shopped at Knowledge Tree.



That night Ava was organizing her tackle box when she got a barbed fishing hook stuck in her hand.  I about panicked and passed out!  Poor kid!  We took her to the Arlington Fire Station where one of the firemen got it out.



On Wednesday, I went school supply shopping.  I hate to admit this but I really do love this part of back to school.  There is nothing like buying brand new supplies and putting new labels on everything.  I am a goober, I know.  

Kevin took the kids fishing Wednesday night.  We made sure Ava had all rubber fishing lures in her tackle box.  HA!


On Thursday, the town finished paving our street.  The kids loved getting out on it with their Rip-Sticks.





We didn't do much of anything on Friday except lay around.  The temperature was 68 and it was rainy.  Strange for July 18!

On Saturday morning we went to the Arlington Community Schools dedication.  It is amazing to think of all the hard work that went into getting our own school system!







After the school dedication, Kevin had to drive out to Mason to get some syrup for his bees.  The girls and I tagged along for something to do.  The people he gets his syrup from also breed dogs.  They happened to have some 9 week old Labradoodle puppies.  They were so cute!



On the way home, we passed Gus's famous fried chicken so we stopped and got some lunch.  (For Kevin and the girls of course!)


The girls tore it up!  They loved it!


On Saturday night we went to Music on the Square.  We met some friends from our Sunday school class and I realized I did not take one picture of us there with them!

I did get a picture of Elia and her friends.  Still can't believe these girls are going into middle school!


I also got one of Whit and his "lady friend" as he calls Ava.  HA!


Sunday involved going to church, eating lunch at Mezcal, and taking my Sunday afternoon nap.

Now on to the last week of summer for teachers!  Time to live it up!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment