Sunday, April 10, 2011

Busy Weekend



Our busy weekend started Friday when we had our TCAP pep rally to get the kids excited about taking the TCAP test this coming week. Our 2nd graders are always interesting to watch at this pep rally because they have never seen or heard anything quite like it. They walk in the gym with wide eyes closing their ears with their hands while they try to take in all the excitement and noise of the upper grades. Elia, being in 2nd grade, was not too sure what to think about it all too. However, it was a fun time for teachers and kids alike.

Saturday morning started early with swimming lessons for the girls. Elia swims like a fish, and they are working on refining the different strokes with her. Ava is still learning to swim more than a few feet on her own. Once we finished swimming lessons, we went to visit Pepaw in the hospital. He had gall bladder surgery yesterday afternoon but was able to go home today. Once we left the hospital, Kevin took the girls to see the movie Soul Surfer, and I went to get my hair done. Ava has been saying I have "tye-dyed" hair so I was anxious to get my roots done.


This Sunday morning we went to church. Then we cleaned up and cleaned out the playroom. It was a sad moment for me when the girls told me they wanted to sell their Barbie house and Barbies at our garage sale. They are growing up WAY too fast for me!


1 comment: