Thursday, April 21, 2011

OCD Again



Once I got started organizing things in the kitchen, I couldn't seem to stop. I had to finish the kitchen, move to the girls' bathroom drawers, and finally to my closet. I started with the lovely tupperware cabinet. Of course, we had containers without lids and lids without containers. We also had Christmas dishes in there from 10 years ago that have never been used. Here is the before:



And here is the after:



Once I finished the tupperware cabinet, I moved to the water bottle/Kroger bag cabinet. I know that is a weird combination, but it is one of those things that just evolved. Here is the before:



And the after:



Once I finished this cabinet, I was done with the kitchen. Yea!!!!! It was time to move on to the girls' bathroom drawers. These drawers were the catchall for everything and anything. Of course, I used my containers to hold everything and to make it neater and more organized. Here is the before of one drawer:



And the after:


Here is the before of the other drawer:



And the after:


Once their bathroom drawers were finished, I tackled our closet. This was a HUGE job! I had an unreal amount of flip flops (and still do). These flip flops had literally taken over the closet. Here is a before of one of the shelves where we keep sweaters (and some flip flops):



And the after:


Here is a before of my side of the closet:



And the after:


Here is an overall picture of the closet before it was cleaned out:



And here is the final product:


I ended up putting the flip flops I wear the most on one of the shelves. Then I put the rest in a big tub behind the door. All my other shoes actually went on the shoe rack that came with the closet.

It is amazing what cleaning out closets, cabinets, and drawers will do for you! Cleaning out my closet was almost like a shopping spree. I actually discovered clothes I had not worn in a while since they had been swallowed up by the closet monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment