Thursday, April 21, 2011

My baby is growing up!



Ava had her kindergarten Easter egg hunt today. Last week we had to send a dozen plastic eggs filled with candy and numbered 1-12. The kids were supposed to get one of each number during the hunt. Luckily, I was able to get another teacher to watch my class so I could be at the egg hunt with Ava.


I was so excited and couldn't wait to watch Ava hunt eggs. The other kindergarteners were all lined up just waiting for the teacher to yell "go". The time finally came when Mrs. Grimes gave the ok to hunt eggs and off they went running and searching for 12 candy filled eggs.




As I started to join them in the hunt, Ava said, "I want to just hurry up and get this over with. This is babyish!" I about fell out. My baby is only six years old, and she already thinks she is too big to hunt eggs! What in the world? How did this happen? When did this happen?



I think I ended up having more fun than Ava. Ha! Of course, once Ava started opening her eggs and checking out all her candy, I am sure she changed her mind about egg hunts. We are going to an egg hunt at our church this weekend so time will tell! I am not ready for my girls to grow up!


No comments:

Post a Comment