Saturday, May 7, 2011

May Theme Dinner



It is hard to believe it is already the month of May! That means it is almost summer break! Our May dinner theme was Cinco de Mayo! We used the Dollar Sore table cloth, plates, napkins, and Fiesta sign. I also used flowers that were given to me by one of my students for Teacher Appreciation week. The other decorations came from things we bought on one of our trips to Guatemala. I did not go too all out for this dinner because this is the time of year things are so crazy at school. However, you don't have to go all out to make it a special dinner for your family!


Since it was Cinco de Mayo, we had tacos for dinner as well as Spanish rice.


I struggled with what to make for dessert. Since I couldn't think of a dessert to make, I decided to buy Chocotacos! You definitely cannot go wrong with those!


Stay tuned next month for our June theme dinner. It will be a luau to celebrate the start of summer! I will definitely have to go all out for that dinner!!!

1 comment: