Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekend Fun!


We had a busy but fun weekend. The girls had swimming lessons on Saturday morning so Kevin took them while I cleaned the house. Then we headed to Arlington in April. It amazes me how much it has grown since we started going 12 years ago! The girls had fun eating a funnel cake, buying a necklace, and even spraying their hair orange and green. We also brought Miley with us! She had a blast but was so worn out when we got home. We had plans to go back for the Music on the Square that night. However, it got cancelled due to possible rain. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me to document all the fun of the day!

Sunday morning was a very special morning for us. Our church had a procession of flags representing all the countries our church has been involved with for missions. They asked us to carry the Guatemala flag. As they called "Guatemala", Kevin carried the flag out with the girls and me following behind. They asked anyone who has been to Guatemala with us to stand up. They also said anyone who has anything vested in Guatemala could stand. Of course, Grammy and Papa stood when we walked out. It made me very proud to have two beautiful daughters from this wonderful country! I did not want to take pictures in the middle of the service but I was able to take a picture before we walked out with the flag.


I managed to find this picture of Kevin and me on a visit to see Elia in Guatemala when she turned a year old. We are in a hotel in Guatemala standing next to the Guatemala flag. It amazes me how much Elia has grown since this picture was taken 8 and a half years ago. (The picture is not very good quality because it is a picture of a picture but you get the idea.)


We spent Sunday afternoon watching the weather (again)! We had more bad storms come through today. The storms are not so much our concern right now. It is the flooding that could occur from all the rain. Hopefully, things won't be as bad as they are saying. Here is a picture of Ava in her goofy attire watching the weather:



No comments:

Post a Comment