Monday, October 17, 2011

Elia's 9th Birthday!



It is still so hard for me to believe that my baby girl turned nine years old today!!! She is growing up in so many ways.

I can remember waiting to bring her home and having her car seat waiting for her in the back of my car. I would strain my neck driving down the road to see that empty car seat waiting for her sweet little self to be in it. Today she turned nine and got to get out of her car seat!

I can remember those big brown eyes staring at me with curiosity when she first came home. Today those brown eyes got big with excitement as she counted the money she saved from her allowance and her birthday gifts!

I can remember dressing her up in smocked dresses, leather patent shoes, and bows to match every day of the week! Today she picked out skinny jeans and an Abercrombie shirt.

I can remember singing all of her favorite nursery rhymes and listening to them in the car as we drove to preschool. Today, she listened to Katy Perry on her MP3 player as we drove to the skating rink.

I can remember holding her hand when she was first learning to walk. Today she let go of my hand as she skated off with friends at her birthday party.

Today she may have turned 9, but she will ALWAYS be my baby girl! I love you El!!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!

Here are some pictures to show how much she has grown over the past nine years. This picture is when Elia was only 6 months old and we went to Guatemala for our 1st visit trip:


This picture is Elia in Kindergarten:


I always take the girls' pictures by the same stop sign on the first day of school. (I have actual photographs of her stop sign picture in preschool and kindergarten. I guess that was before the digital age started.) Here is Elia on the first day of 1st grade:



Here she is on the first day of 2nd grade:


And the first day of 3rd grade:


Here is Elia today on her ninth birthday:



No comments:

Post a Comment