Monday, October 17, 2011

September Theme Dinner



September has come and gone, but we did have our September theme dinner about a month ago. We decided on a Tennessee Vols theme this month since it was the start of football season! Ok, so I could really care less about the Vols or anything football related. However, I live with 2 people who love the Vols- Kevin and Elia. They are big fans so it was time to think ORANGE!

I tried to think of a "Tennessee" dinner and here is what was on the menu:
* BBQ chicken
* Baked Beans
* pineapples
* cupcakes with orange icing
* Orange Big K

I am not much of a cook at all, and I have lots of issues with raw chicken. However, I found a great recipe on a crockpot website and I was able to cook it without ever touching the chicken!

I started with chicken breasts, BBQ sauce, and a few other ingredients in the crockpot for most of the day.


Then I shredded the chicken and put it back in the crockpot to cook for one more hour.



I dumped the beans out of a can into a saucepan and heated them up. I dumped the pineapples out of a can too and dinner was served!



You can't forget about the orange drink we had with dinner- Big K orange drink!



The dessert was the fun part! We started with white cream cheese icing.


Then we added red and yellow food coloring to make a UT orange color.


Next we iced our cupcakes!


Last it was time for a yummy dessert which everyone loved!!!


I am sure there was a Tennessee football game that weekend too, but I wouldn't know it! You will have to ask Kevin or Elia about that one. I am definitely not the sport enthusiast.

Stay tuned for the October theme dinner! It is going to be a lot of fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment