Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall Break!


Fall break could not have come at a better time for all of us! Since Kevin and I are both teachers and we have been experiencing this new Tennessee evaluation system, we needed this break BAD!!! I do not think I have enjoyed any week out of the year more than I have enjoyed this week! We have stayed up late every night and slept in VERY late every morning. Most importantly, we have just enjoyed being together as a family. Here is a recap of what all we did this week:

Saturday- Our day started at Ava's early soccer game (Ok, this was one day we did not get to sleep in but it was still sleeping in compared to 5:30am.) Her team won their first win of the season! After her game, we went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. YUM! Then we came home and Kevin painted the girls their very own soccer field in the backyard.


While Kevin was entertaining the girls, I fell asleep on the patio with Miley. This was the first of many naps to come this week!


Sunday- We started the day off going to church. Then we came home, took a nap, and I finished up some last minute birthday shopping for Elia.

Monday- I spent this day switching out the girls' clothes in their closets from summer clothes to fall clothes. Fortunately, Ava can still wear the clothes that Elia outgrows from the year before. Once closets were switched out, we headed to Elia's birthday party at the skating rink.
(Insert a nap in the day somewhere.)

Tuesday- I took Elia shopping so she could spend her birthday money and all of her gift cards. She had so much fun and so did I! Then we played outside in the cove! The temperature had literally dropped 30 degrees from the day before!


Wednesday- We had our Halloween theme dinner and then we were going to take the kids to the corn maze. However, it started raining on our way there so we had to have a change of plans. Carol and I took the kids to see Mrs. Cockroft's Halloween lights. Then we drove through Starbucks to get a pumpkin spice latte and a pumpkin scone. YUM! Once we got home, the kids played Just Dance Wii. Then the girls built a fort in the playroom where they slept that night!



Thursday-
We met Carol and her kids and Mandy and her kids at Incredible Pizza. We stayed for about 3 hours, and the kids had a ton of fun!



Friday- We went to the see the movie Dolphin Tale which was a very good family movie. Then we went to eat dinner at IHOP. This is normally not one of my favorite places to eat but we had a gift certificate for 2 free dinners. I got the cinnastacks, and they did not disappoint!!!

Saturday- We decided to go to the corn maze since we did not get to go earlier in the week. We met my Jason, Holli, Jake, Austin, Hannah, and Hannah's friends there. Then we came home and took a nap.






This week went by WAY too fast, but it was filled with so many fun memories! As I sit here about to start on my evaluation paperwork for next week, it is time to get back into the school frame of mind. Tomorrow, we start back with spelling words and multiplication facts for Elia and reading practice for Ava, not to mention the 5:30 a.m. alarm clock on Monday morning! However, it is still Saturday night so I will soak in every last minute I have with my wonderful husband and my sweet girls before we welcome the real world back into our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment