Sunday, December 29, 2013

Top 10 of 2013

I like to make my last blog entry of the year be my Top 10 events.  So here are my top 10 of 2013:

10. Kevin discovered a new passion and hobby and became a bee keeper.  We are super excited to see how much honey we will have come spring.



9. Our family took a trip to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida in June.  We had a wonderful time!



8. Kevin, Ava, and I spent a week in Guatemala doing missions.  A life-changing trip for sure!





7. Ava started 3rd grade!




6. Elia started 5th grade!  They are growing up WAY too fast!





5. My nephew, Austin, was baptized.



4. Team Black Friday made the news as well as the Commercial Appeal.



3. Kevin got a new job as the Arlington Parks and Recreation Director.  He starts January 2!

2. Kevin had a major heart scare.  While this would not be considered a Top 10 event by itself, the feelings and gratitude that came from it certainly made the list.  He is my whole world, and I do not want to take him for granted for 1 second!



1. I completed a half-marathon.  After a lot of roadblocks, I managed to stay dedicated and finish the 13.1 miles!



Adina Wiseman has challenged everyone to come up with one word for the year 2014.  I have put a lot of thought into this, and I have come up with the word "committed".  This word says a lot.  This year I plan to commit to everything with a full heart.  This includes school, kids, family, exercise, eating healthy, and worshiping God!  Here's to a new and committed year!!!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment