Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sibling Rivalry


I guess it is payback time for all the moments my brother and I drove our parents crazy aggravating each other and fighting over who gets the most attention. Poor Ava has been dealing with some speech issues that we are trying to figure out. I spent most of the weekend trying to video tape her so we could show the doctor what it is exactly that Ava is doing. Well, I finally got some good video of her only to discover that Elia had deleted it all. I was so angry with Elia for doing that because she did not understand the importance of getting Ava on video and she lied about being the one who deleted the video. Once it all came out, Elia explained to me that she deleted the video because she was jealous of all the attention Ava gets all the time. At this moment, I saw the videotaping from an eight year olds point of view. All her brain could understand was that mommy spent the entire weekend videotaping her little sister. My heart broke for Elia. While she did have some serious consequences for doing what she did, I decided Elia needed some special mommy time so off to the mall we went to send some quality time with just the two of us!
While I am getting my fair share of paybacks right now, I do have two girls who love each other more than anything else in this world and I could not love them any more than I do!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment