Monday, March 28, 2011

My "Sweet, Sweet" Girls


Today was a Monday, and boy did it ever feel like one. I woke up the girls this morning to get ready for school. Elia asked if I would bring her some brownies. Of course, I told her no, that we don't eat brownies for breakfast. Well, talk about a fit! Elia went nuts and went on to explain that her daddy bought a big box of mini muffins and brownies from Sams. She said they were all in the same box so they are considered "breakfast brownies". Gotta give the girl credit for trying! Who wouldn't want brownies for breakfast?

Now on to the littlest "sweetie". As I was getting ready for school this morning (just 5 minutes after the breakfast brownie incident), Ava came in my room and said, "Mom, Miley sh*t on the floor". I said, "What did you say?" She continued to repeat herself obviously not realizing what she was saying was not a nice word. I couldn't help but bust out laughing. I had to explain to her that was a bad word and we don't say words like that. Well, this afternoon, Ava's teacher told me they were going over their new spelling words for the week and one of the words was "shed". Ava kept telling the teacher that "shed" is a bad word. LOL!

Now on to the rest of our day. Ava had her first speech evaluation this afternoon. I think we were both nervous wrecks not knowing what to expect. Well, this speech lady exceeded our expectations. She was wonderful, and I feel so much better about what is going on with Ava. The speech teacher said Ava is experiencing speech dyfluency. She said her prognosis looks real good. I feel so much better and uplifted from everything we heard today. Ava will start speech therapy next Wednesday! We are still unsure if we should keep her neurology appointment or not. We continue to pray for Ava's speech in more ways than one after our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment